Monday 15 April 2013

In Sound House Studios With Liars and Lions

          So I ended my weekend in a Sound House jam space with the band Liars and Lions getting a sneak peak at the new music the band has in store - If you haven't had the chance to listen to their self titled EP Liars and Lions, I highly suggest, if not demand you go straight to their website, it will be a worth while listen and an appreciated discovery. Lately the band has been aggressively pursuing more original compositions to release in the months to come, but they are still celebrating the recent release of their seven song EP, which can only be best described as a heavy metal escapade executed by a three man brigade. Imaad Dalal, Devin Turner, and Frazer Pelling come together to produce a dark and delicious harmony sure to resonate in anyone's mind. All it took was my first live show of the band at the Roxy on Granville on February 7th 2013, and I was hooked to the haunting solos, articulated bass lines, and barbaric drums arrangements that these three integrate to create a truly hefty sound.
           While being in the jam space with the guys this past Sunday, I was brought back to this night. Goosebumps ravaged me while I photographed the remainder of the session; never had I heard a sound that heavy and uninterrupted that possesses such an enticing and rich attitude. It was these exact attributes that made me a fan, and and I can't wait to see where the direction of their music goes from here. Anxiously anticipating upcoming shows to experience the unforgettable energy once again, I'll be sure to share the crowd with this band; Liars and Lions are a diamond in the rough, a band deserving to shine.

- Carly June




   

No comments:

Post a Comment