Thursday 11 April 2013

My Experience at the Canadian Music Awards 2013

My Experience at the Canadian Music Industry Awards



           I woke up this morning mildly hung over after what I can only say was an amazing evening filled with inspiring individuals of the Canadian music industry. Hosted at the notorious Fanclub on Granville, this sure became an evening to remember. Unbelievably, I had the first class opportunity to witness the long overdue recognition of Lover Boy and their righteous accomplishments throughout their music career, with the classic Canadian rockers receiving the Bruce Allen / Sam Feldman Legend Award. As a fan of Canadian music it was one hell of an opportunity to be amongst some of the most influential and respected people who have made the industry what it was and has become. Being a music business student at Pacific AudioVisual Institute and trying to break into the industry, I can truly appreciate the contributions these individuals have made to build the very industry I cherish and work towards being a significant part of.
           One of many highlights from the evening, was the gracious opportunity to speak with the one and only Mike Fraser. Admittedly, I was quite star struck, but I knew I had to make a point of expressing my gratitude for what he has done throughout his life to impact the industry, bringing the world of music a roster of countless renegades including Motley Crue, Metallica, Bif Naked, Lover Boy, Mariana's Trench, and ACDC just to name a few. It was then I realized that meeting Fraser inspired me; this moment made me want to work even harder to accomplish goals in my career, my life. And it was so many individuals such as him from the evening that made me seriously think of where I wanted to go in life, the impressions I wanted to leave, the goals I wanted to achieve.
  After this amazing experience I have an even greater understanding of what I want to do with my company Sick Mind Productions. How I want to work with the artists that reach out to me and how I want to help them achieve their goals, develop their dreams. My goal for Sick MindProductions is to create opportunities for up and coming artists who seek and deserve recognition for their music. To give artists a memorable and intimate experience to tell a story, share a moment with you, the passionate fan.          

- Carly June

No comments:

Post a Comment